Welcome to the aboveground storage tank forum, a bulletin board dedicated to tanks, fuel tanks, plastic tanks, fuel storage tanks, and above ground storage tanks (AST) API650, API653 & UL142 aboveground storage tanks (AST) and chemical plastic tanks. Remember the forum is made up of volunteers from experts to beginners. Unfortunately, we cannot allow free commercialism that promotes products, services, or sites.
KRISHNASWAMY on TANK JACKING SYSTEMBy: KRISHNASWAMY 
Date: Monday, February 06, 2017
Time: 9:30:59 AM
A 54 M DIA COLUMN SUPPORTED ROOF TANK IS TO BE ERECTED USING TANK JACKING SYSTEM
IT HAS 1 CENTRAL COLUMN AND 24 OUTER COLUMNS.
WHAT US THE BEST METHOD FOR THE JACKING SYSTEM TO BE ADOPTED.AS SUGGESTED BELOW.
1. ERECT ALL THE COLUMNS FIRST
2 START ERECTING THE SHELL USING THE JACKING METHOD
3 AFTER REACHING FULL HEIGHT, ERECT THE ROOF PLATES FROM SHELL TO COLUMN AND COMPLETE .
1 ERECT THE TOP 2 SHELL COURSES.
2. ERECT THE CENTRAL COLUMN AND THE SUPPORT COLUMNS EQUAL TO THE TOTAL HEIGHT OF THE SHELL ERECTED,
3 COMPLETE THE ROOF PLATES ERECTION AND WELDING.
4 INSTALL THE JACKS ON THE SHELL AND FOR EACH COLUMN AS PER TANK STABILITY CALCULATIONS.
5. NOW LIFT/JACK UP THE TANK TOTALLY ALONG WITH THE COLUMNS TO REQUIRED HEIGHT FOR PLACING THE NEXT SHELL COURSE PLATE.
6. ERECT THE SHELL PLATES AND COLUMNS OF EQUAL SECTIONS OF SHELL PLATES AND COMPLETE THE WELDING.
7. REPEAT THE PROCESS TILL ALL THE SHELL PLATES ARE ERECTED
EXPERTS ADVISE WELCOME
THANKS IN ADVANCE.